No Excuses

I just had a sandwich SO good, I'm actually inspired to blog about it... I'm not sure what level of sad that is, but damn it was a good sandwich!

I got some thin cut steak and lightly sealed each side in the frying pan, then I shredded some really good quality guoda, cheddar and provolone and set that between the two pieces of steak and let it melt. Then I toasted some sourdough bread, used a half an avocado for spread, added red onion, two thick tomato slices and that was it... omg SOOOO good!

Yesterday was a challenge, going to Disney all day and handling food has always tripped me up and I'm sad to say, yesterday was no different other than I did eat before I left, in fact I ate twice, but no
tea and only about 20oz of water for the whole day and that's just not going to do it.

So I have a problem, I know packing a lunch is the easy solution, but I'm still trying to figure out the best way to make that work, but I will!

I was thinking this morning when I was cooking though, my kitchen is the teeniest little thing and I've been using it as an excuse for a very long time not to really dig in and cook, how awful am I?

First that's a real sign of disrespect to god who gave me this place and I feel blessed to have it! Second... that's just my mind playing games with me, it's so much easier to see all the reasons you can't do something, but I am intent on changing my brains "natural" way and I will make it my norm to see all the pluses and the ways around the obstacles.

Don't get me wrong, I see those eventually, but I want my first knee jerk reaction when seeing a roadblock to be, okay how do I get passed it, not how do I make this work. I'm not interested in settling down at a roadblock and making the best of it, yet with my kitchen I think I have been.

I'll do a post later in the week and take some photos so you can see what I'm talking about, but for now, suffice it to say, that if I am serious about this new life of health and vitality, I can't have excuses to cling to the old.

Let's be real here for a second, I'm not excited about this new life thing, only in that it does require me to learn new habits and put time and energy and money into my food, something I haven't really ever done, and if you read any of my other blogs, you know, I've got a lot on my plate and there are moments where I just feel like, Seriously? I have to put my energy here? The fact is though, I do, because if I'm not healthy, I can't do any of the other things I want to. I will only ever get so far down the path of my dreams and quite frankly, I'm pretty sure I reached that "so far" at the end of last year.

I've been toying with and putting off this cleaning up of my diet and growing an active lifestyle for three years while I worked on other things, but fact of the matter is, I can't put it off any longer. I need the stamina, I need the brain power, I need to feel healthy and I need my energy to be clean and undisturbed by chemicals and artificial ingredients.

That sandwich I ate this morning, some may criticize me for having cheese or avocado on it, but everything I put on that sandwich was natural, real food. I even went all out for organic meat!

The way I see it, if I'm eating food as close to whole, natural ingredients as I can, I can have the cheese and avocado if I want it. :D

I'm never going to get all legalistic with my definitions of healthy eating. I think processed, pre-made, restaurant and fast foods are on the whole, mostly unhealthy. I think we've become a nation that eats that more than anything and the crisis with obesity and weight related health issues tells the truth that the food is what's wrong here.

Somewhere along the lines we stopped thinking, or maybe we just never realized that out bodies, divinely created, extraordinarily miraculous things that they are, don't necessarily adapt to everything creative science can come up with, but regardless, I've reached a point of awakening where I simply can't treat my body the way I have been... not that I don't want to. Today for instance, I'm craving a cheese quesadilla and a burger from the little cafe next door, but I can't... I want it, but it won't be just one. I'll have one, then tomorrow want another. I know this, so I have to stop myself. I have to change my habits. I have to change my cravings.

One day at a time. I am a determined woman.


And this determined woman has decided that I don't want to just lose this extra weight, but I want a body that is strong, fit and healthy. I'm not going to be apologetic about it either... I'm just going to go for it. My emotions don't care, my emotions are happy where I'm at, my emotions are comfortable... my mind is not and as I have to keep my mind on a tight leash in so many areas regarding the spiritual, I'm giving it free reign on this.

No excuses... only this --->

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive