Dieting in Reverse

I’ve lost fifteen pounds in the last two weeks, without dieting, without exercise, without being hungry, without even feeling deprived.

You want to know how?

I reversed my ingrained thinking about weight loss.

We all know the food around us every day that calls to us, pizza, chocolate, burgers, desserts, fries… they’re good we love them, they even make us happy… for a while. I think though, that most of us would rather have that dream body. The problem comes in when we look in the mirror, realize how far we are from that dream body, and we think, at least the fries will make me happy for a while.

The thing is, I believe you are an intelligent person. I believe you know that a lot of sugar and fat isn’t making you happy or healthy, part of the problem comes from being hungry. Once you’re hungry, good choicesare excruciatingly hard to make. Don’t beat yourself up over that, it’s the same for all of us. The kicker is that diets make us hungry. It’s insanity. We go on these diets to lose weight, we spend the majority of the time feeling hungry, deprived and bad in some way for being fat in the first place and whatever weight we manage to lose, we usually put right back on again once we can no longer take the diet methods we’re using.

It’s not your fault it didn’t work. It’s the diets that have failed us all these years and the diet industry just keeps getting bigger and bigger. Now we have pills and surgery and every type of exercise equipment you can dream up, yet two thirds of this country (the united states) is still overweight.

I want you to stop feeling bad, guilty, depressed, or helpless when it comes to your weight.

I want you to feel empowered and in control.

I’m not a doctor, a nutritionist, or a fitness professional, but I am
an intelligent woman who’s spent some thirty years dealing with weight and diets and this is the first time I’ve ever felt like I had it right.

Through meditation and research on what foods were the healthiest and packed the most weight loss punch, I put together a food list (you’ll see the chart to the left above) of minimum daily dietary requirements. I don’t have a must not eat list, let’s face it, that’s ridiculous and impossible to follow. Life is hectic, and we don’t need more restriction. If you want to end your day with something decadent, something salty, something wicked… you should! It shouldn’t sentence you to bad health and an expanding waistline.

If you follow this simple plan, I think you’ll be happier, healthier and thinner. No more restricting yourself or counting calories. It’s very simple, you eat at least twice a day, at every meal you have three servings of produce from the list above, two good, lean protein choices and one good fat, all from the list above. Along with that, you drink 3 liters of water and 3 servings of green tea every day.

It’s that simple.

This works in two ways.

1. You are so completely satisfied food and nutrition-wise, you don’t crave anything and you aren’t hungry.
2. The first things you’re putting in your body are healthy they’re good for you, they’re filling and they’re providing pure fuel for your body and your brain so it all begins to function the way it was created to in the first place. You are taking the majority of your fuel from pure sources. You will start to feel more energized, your brain will lose that fog feeling and you will lose weight.

During the two weeks, I had one craving for sour cream and onion chips and pepsi, so I had them. I enjoyed them and I still lost weight.

Nearly every night I have a chocolate snack, four milk chocolate chips, two cacao dark chocolate chips and two almonds. Sometimes I have two or three of those little handfuls, but I find that to be enough. I enjoy it and I move on.

Some days I only get in 2 liters of water, some days I don’t get the tea in. I’m not perfect. You’re not perfect. The point is every day is new, every day is a fresh start. Begin it with the intention to do the best you can to hit every mark on your list. Keep your thinking positive, not on what you can’t eat, but on what you need to eat. Stay focused on your accomplishments, every liter of water is a celebration of success! Every day you end having nourished your body is a huge accomplishment and takes you one step farther away from the days when you violated yourself and inflicted injury on your body with the choices you made regarding food and weight.

I used to think that weight loss was something I had to take on like a full time job, something that I had to give that amount of time, energy and focus to. In the past that’s been true. The only time I’ve successfully lost weight was when I did just that, but I could never maintain that level of focus for long and my weight loss would stall. This is such a reversal. I don’t have to worry if I eat something I shouldn’t. I don’t have to count calories or points or watch my portion size or measure anything.

This is very simply a new way to live my life that’s healthy and coupled with my weight revelations of late, which you can read about towards the bottom of this page, it is a no fail recipe for weight loss that is utterly foolproof.

Being overweight is not the end of the world. No matter your size, you have beauty, worth, and a purpose in this life, but you and I both know, that when you are overweight, it rules so much of your life. It weighs into decisions we make every single day. I want to be free of that. I want to be free of the guilt, self-loathing and failure from every time I go on a diet and nothing happens, or it all comes back. I want free from that feeling like I “should” be doing this or that to lose this weight and because I’m not, I’m clearly just not disciplined or I’m lazy, or any of the other messages that overweight people in this country receive every single day.

What I need you to know, is that if you are overweight, you are not a failure. Weight is insidious and it grows on us slowly from things we don’t even realize we’re doing. If you find yourself at an uncomfortable place with your weight, try this. It’s not complicated, it doesn’t ask much of you, but I do think you’ll see results. Just be honest to it, make it a habit, make it your new normal. I’m down fifteen pounds already. I’ve never in my life lost weight so easily. This is healthy, it’s uncomplicated and it works. You can’t ask for much more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive